Friday, November 23, 2012

November 19, 2012

Ok it was actually a very, very cool week!! We had a lot happen this week and it was so fun! I will start out with the best/most important and then go from there.


We were able to have two lessons with Laura this week! We started on Tuesday to teach her the plan of Salvation!  It very possibly could have been the best lesson I have ever had up to this point because of her!  She was so into it! As we were explaining and drawing on one of the boards she was taking notes on the other one and would come over and put her own notes on the plan we were drawing! It was a great lesson and the spirit was there so strong! It was great because I felt that we were really able to explain everything in a way that she could understand it.  After about an hour we had only gotten to the end of Earth life so...we were able to have the 2nd part of the lesson on Saturday night! We took pictures of the notes from the first lesson so we could copy them and have them for the 2nd one as well. The 2nd lesson was also a really good one and we were able to teach really well. And....Laura now has a baptismal date!!!! So exciting!! This is what this is all about!

This week me and Elder Nelsen went on our first road trip. We took a trip up to Safford to visit some people up there! Also while we were there we stopped by the temple and were able to take some pictures there. There really is a special feeling at the temple! All we did was walk around the grounds but there was still just this sense of peace and happiness there! It is wonderful! Also we had a great opportunity to go and get a few pictures in a cotton field that was white and ready to harvest. For clarification as to why this is really cool, see Doctrine and Covenants 4:3-4. They are some of the best "missionary pictures" I have so far!

We had a half-mission conference this week that was really good! Elder Foster, from the quorum of the seventy, was able to come and tour the mission so they did a mission conference with both the east and the west sides of the mission! It was a great experience and I really enjoyed hearing from him! I learned a lot and what was implied was even more valuable! Among many other things he spoke to us about the Christmas things that will be on Mormon.org.   I would encourage all of you to go look on Mormon.org at the Christmas site after Thanksgiving! It has some really cool things about the Savior and some really great ways to spread the true meaning of Christmas to your friends!  It was interesting because I interpreted the whole 4 hour meeting! Don't worry, I had breaks! Ha-ha I am not going to get carpel tunnel! Ha-ha But it was fantastic! Afterwards, we were able to get zone pictures with Elder and Sister Foster and then able to go meet and talk with them! It is always an interesting experience to shake hands with someone with that kind of spiritual knowledge. It was one of those experiences where, when he looks in your eyes, you know he is reading your soul! Ha-ha it was good to talk with them! Since I interpreted the whole meeting, they spoke to me longer then all of the other missionaries which were a really wonderful experience! He told me some things that I will keep really close to me and that helped me out a lot! It was a great experience and I really learned a lot from it!

On Friday Elder Kim and I went on an exchange that was really fun! Elder Kim is one of my best friends out here so that is always fun to go hang out with him for awhile! While there we were able to get him another new investigator that will get baptized as soon as she is able to quit smoking! It was great! We also went to a chili cook off that their ward had that was fantastic! Those are big down here and the people really know how to make chili! We had a lot happen that day but that will suffice for explanation at the moment!

We also had a devotional on Sunday night that was really cool! It was the 75th anniversary of the Institute down here so they had a big celebration for that! It was really cool to be able to go and to hear from those who have put so much time and energy into helping people through that institute! The ending speaker was former Arizona Tucson Mission President Walker. It was really cool to hear from him and see him after I have heard so much about him from the older missionaries! One thing that hit me this week is that I am now one of the older missionaries! That is so weird! I can't believe how fast it is going and all that has happened! I really can't believe that it is already Thanksgiving! What the crap?! Where did Nov go? Anyways it has been a really good week and I am excited for this one!

Take luck and care for it! Till next time,

Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment