Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 4th, 2012 - More time in the MTC!


Hey everyone,

Happy New Year! New years at the MTC did not feel like new years at all. Absolutely nothing changed from day to day. The MTC is worried about missionaries missing their homes and their families during holidays so the MTC tries to make it so holidays don't really exist. But I hope everyone else had a great time!

So yesterday I was called into the scheduling office and told that  the missionary I am replacing in the field is not leaving until Feb. 13 so I am going to be staying here at the MTC another week. Needless to say I was rather disappointed about this. I'm not even sure how it is going to work being that my entire district will be leaving a week before me. I might be alone for a week and I'm not sure if I'll have classes or what. But I know that later while in my mission I will appreciate the extra time. One thing that makes me really want to get out of here is I just got a letter from elder Jones telling me about how great and amazing it is to be  out in the field. It was so nice to hear from him and it was great to hear some of his stories.

So what is new in the MTC? Nothing much at all. We were able to hear a pretty good talk on Sunday by the man in charge of all of the International MTCs and guess what, he grew up in Layton! We also had a good devotional by O. Vincent Halek of the seventy. He actually said in his talk that we are going to have Elder Neilson come and talk to us soon which got us all excited! These devotionals and firesides on Sunday and Tuesday nights are my favorite part of being here. Also P day is awesome! We actually look more forward to p day then we were looking forward to Christmas!

I am very excited to hopefully see Elder Walker today! That is one of the coolest parts of the MTC, seeing people you know. While I have been here I have seen and spoken with Elder Robbie Sweeten, Elder Mitch Clark, Elder Brody Burch, Elder John Erickson, Elder Garrison Elliot, Elder Kyle Naville, Elder Johnny Snow, and some more people I know! It is awesome that we are all here together, at least for a little while. 

I'm sorry there is not more to add this week. I have lots of stories and experiences to share but I don't have time to write them all on this email. I wish we had more time to write emails but we do have all day today to write letters.

Sincerest Regards,
Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment