Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 18th,2012


Alright, one more transfer down! We are still trying our best to get stuff done but so far it is being really hard!

They always say that a mission is the best two years ever and some of the experiences you have on your mission are the best you will ever have in your life! I think one reason for this is the contrast with the hard times on the mission! Sometimes our pain is almost as exceeding as our joy, and this has been one of those weeks. It has not been any specific thing but everything has just gone wrong this week! It has been the hardest week since I have been out here in the field! This is fine, because we read in the Doctrine and Covenants, many times, that only after we are called to endure much tribulation can we receive the blessings and the power of heaven. So that is what Elder Bradley and I are banking on! Ha-ha

Because of the week we have had I don't have too much to talk about today. Although last Wednesday we had Zone Training......it was from 10 am to 2 pm and then from 7 pm to 9:30 pm! Oh my long meeting! It was good and we learned a lot but that was a long meeting in one room with hard chairs! I felt like I was back in the MTC! Ha-ha.  One funny thing that happened during the break happened while we were having dinner at the Kerastas'.  The Kerastas’ are an older couple with tons of health problems. They are really nice and we enjoy being around them and having dinner with them. Well, apparently, somehow, William heard that I have read a lot of books and know a lot about different kinds of books. So right at the start of the dinner, he started shooting off questions about Harry Potter, and that was our topic for the remainder of dinner! Ha-ha, it was so funny to talk to both of them about Harry Potter.  I basically explained the entire series! Ha-ha Of course we shared our message at the end, but other than that it was all Harry Potter! Ha-ha

Also this weekend we took another road trip to Safford in the Gila Valley and stayed two days up there. It was great and we met three deaf people! None are really interested, most never are, but we talked to them for a few hours and when we were leaving they invited us to a deaf convention in a month, so apparently it went really good! Ha-ha. I think all of our work is really just planting these little seeds!

Another interesting thing that happened this weekend was at church! Our Branch President is out of town so it was up to me and Elder Bradley to run the branch. This is my month to conduct and Elder Bradley had to help pass the Sacrament, so it ended up that I was presiding as well. Also, we had our Zone Leaders as the speakers for that meeting, so we needed to interpret for them! It was a busy sacrament meeting for me and it was weird to see that I am at that point where I was really running the entire meeting! It was crazy! The best part was that a lot of the deaf members told me after the meeting that I am getting better at my signing and they were happy with how I interpreted! It was pretty good! 

Other than that there is not much to report for this week! It has been hard but hopefully we have some good things around the corner! We did get a new truck today, so that was really exciting! I will send pictures of that later! But I hope all is well for all of you! 

Elder Banner

Signing off......for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment