Friday, February 8, 2013

February 6th, 2013

What a week!! Man I love it up here!! Everything is so great! This was an interesting week being that we would have a really productive day and then a day doing nothing but "chores" i.e. helping other missionaries, getting an oil change that took two and a half hours, doctors’ visits and other things like that and then a productive day again and then more chores the next day! Pretty good regardless though! There is so much to say and I hope I am not too brief in an attempt to get everything on! This will not be in chronological order.

We had interviews this week with President Killpack and it was a really good one! It was weird being that this time we mostly just talked instead of an actual interview. It was really nice and I learned some cool things from him. Then we discussed the zone and how everyone is doing. It is great because this zone is a good one! It is real obedient and all of them are doing all that they should and because of that we are seeing lots of success up here! We will have at least one baptism every week up here and for this area that is really good!

One really interesting thing that happened this week I will need to give a little background on. For the last about 4 weeks I have had some trouble breathing! It came out of nowhere but every time I would do something I would have some trouble and I would cough for a long time after. Anyway it kept getting worse to where after a long conversation I would be winded. One night we were with Elder Dineheart and Elder Hutchings and just telling jokes and laughing and stuff and I got to the point where I was laughing and felt like I was about to pass out. After that we called sister killpack to see if I could go to the Doctor. Yes it took me 4 weeks. I hate going to the doctor. Anyways we got there and the doctor is our stake president up here so that was good and I completely trust him so that was good but we found out.......I have asthma...... Yep..... I don't know where it came from because it has never bothered me before a few weeks ago but I have it now. So I have an inhaler and everything! I can breathe again but I am not sure what to think about it.

But enough about that stuff! I don't think I have spoken about Larry yet. Larry is awesome! He is the number 8 ranked linebacker in the nation for junior colleges but super humble being that he grew up in the ghetto of Louisiana and never had a lot. He is big and black and awesome! He can bench over 450 and is ripped! Ha-ha I feel so small next to him! We have been teaching and helping him out because he is going through some tuff stuff! I don't have time to explain everything but things are going good with him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation on Saturday morning and it was a great experience. It was cool to see the inspiration there. At the end of the lesson I was able to relate the entire plan of salvation to football. Now I love football and am good at making comparisons but that was not me. I know that because I had never thought about that stuff before until it was out of my mouth! Ha-ha I learned a lot from it! The Church is true!

We also started teaching another girl named Tyler! Tyler is also a Navajo like Tashina. Tyler is already a member of the church but has been very inactive for years and years. But now has decided to come back to Church so she spoke with her bishop and he let us know that he wants us to teach her. Her gospel knowledge now is about the level of a normal investigator if not a little less. We really enjoy teaching her because she is really cool. We had a very good lesson with her on Thursday night. One of the most powerful lessons I have been a part of. It was great! The spirit was so strong! We will continue to teach her.

Also I need to talk about Tashina! Tashina is still as awesome and as golden as ever! We are so blessed to be able to teach her. We really don't need to do too much because she is so prepared and ready and figures out a lot of things on her own! We had a few really good lessons this week including one where we watched Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration with her. In our lesson yesterday she sounded like the missionary in her answers! Pretty soon I think she will be teaching me the gospel! Ha-ha I said before that coming down here and helping Danielle into the gospel was worth everything I had to go through on the mission. I still believe that because Danielle is so amazing. And now teaching and helping Tashina into the gospel, even if she was the only one I ever taught, is worth everything and all the crap I have had to deal with the whole mission as well. Being that I have the opportunity to get to know each of them and help them I am very blessed! And I still have a long time out here! "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; for, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance. And how great is his joy in the soul that repented! Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto I into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" (D&C 18:10-16) That is so true! There is no greater joy then seeing your friends find the happiness of the gospel!

One more thing about Tahini and also a follow up with last week’s letter. We were able to go to the baptism of Rachel on Saturday with Tashina! It was such a wonderful experience and it was all the more special just because of Rachel! it was so great to see how happy she was the whole time and also really interesting to see how much she changed yet stayed the same during the ordinance as well! She is such a sweet little girl! It was so nice to see her be baptized! Afterword’s we had a lesson with Tashina and Hyrum and it was great! Tashina told us how much she enjoyed it and how welcoming the feeling was. She then said she is excited to think that it will be her in the water in two weeks! AHH!! I am so excited!! hahaha

We also had to wake up at 4:30 on Friday and head down to Tucson for Zone Leader Council. It was great and a really good meeting and it was interesting that, as we were driving into Tucson, I felt like I was going home! It was weird to feel that for Tucson but really cool! I can't imagine how it will be when I actually go home! But we aren't going to think about that!

To close I will share to you what we did during the Super bowl! No, sadly we did not watch it. It killed me not to! Ha-ha We went over to one of the members of the bishoprics in one of our wards house and they were all watching it. So Elder Clark and I grabbed our food and went out in the backyard and sat on a table out there! Ha-ha it was actually a really nice night. For all of you that are freezing....it was about 65-70 degrees yesterday! Perfect! Ha-ha that was our Super bowl!

That would be it for this time!

Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment