Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 1st, 2012

I am so close to going into the field! One week from Monday!

Ok so yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the MTC! It was really cool and a great experience! We were able to hear from Jeffrey R. Holland (my favorite!) and Russell M. Neilson! It was a great meeting and it was so cool to be in the front again! We were right in front of Elder Holland and as we were signing one of the songs he looked right at me a smiled! It was awesome! Since being in the MTC I have had three different apostles look right at me! It is so cool and you can literally feel the Spirit that is with them the second they enter the room! It is amazing!

Also this week my companion, Elder Livengood left, I must say I took it with mixed emotions. I was very ready for him to leave, and he has been on my nerves constantly the past couple weeks! I wish him the best and he'll do great things, but he and I were just too different!  I have a new companion now, his name is Elder Burton and he is an English Elder. He fractured his leg so now he has to stay a few extra weeks. He will now be coming to our ASL classes with us so maybe he will pick something up. He is interesting, I like him a lot! He does have something going on that I can't place though; some wire is not totally connected upstairs if you know what I mean! It is a good experience for me because I now have to interpret what is said during our lessons. It is so hard to try and teach and interpret at the same time! It is a great learning experience though, and I am fine with being his companion!

One of the Sister's, the one that hurt her wrist is going home! It is really sad! Hopefully she will be able to come back!

I have been improving as a teacher a lot! I am actually getting it down! And my ability to sign is improving greatly! I am so excited to get out into the field! As I have been teaching I have learned how to ask questions that make a person think deeply and bring out what they are really thinking! My teachers are saying that I am getting real good!

Well I love you all and I hope everything is going great!

Warmest Regards,
 Elder Banner

"Most things in life we can't control, but we can control ourselves, just be the best you can be and everything else will take care of itself." - Jeffery R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment