Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8th, 2012


Hello everyone,

I am finished with my training! I have been in the field for two transfers already! And what is even crazier is I hit my six month mark next month! Where has the time gone?!

Seriously, I feel like I just got out here!! I can't believe it has already been that long! Oh man I guess the time really does fly when you are having a good time! I am having the time of my life here! I love being out on a mission and almost everything about it! Granted there are always things that could be better but those cannot even detract from everything else that is freaking amazing here! I love this mission!

This email is going to be kind of short; it was a very slow week! One real cool thing that happened is a continuation of one of my last emails. So when I went on exchanges with Elder Bowen and we found those new deaf people and spoke to them for awhile we left obviously pretty excited! Well we went back and contacted them this week, this time with Elder Bradley, and during our conversations with one of them we came to realize that he is actually already a member! He is a less active member that the missionaries having been trying to find for about two years! He moved and the Branch failed to get his new address. He agreed to have us come back and visit him often which is great! Also his roommate is not a member and we can teach him if we can ever catch him at home! So with that it was a pretty good day!

Another funny story: So the other day we were driving with Elder Bowen and Elder Franzen and Elder Bradley looked over and noticed that the people next to us were signing! That is a very rare occurrence so we did what all good missionaries would do.......follow them at about 50 yards until they got home and then wrote down their address while driving by! Hahahaha Ya I felt so cool, in a suit and tie with dark sun glasses stalking a car at a safe distance! Look out MIB I'm cooler then you now! It was really fun and we are the only missionaries that can do stuff like that! It was great!

Other than that things are going slow now. We are trying to find some more people for us to teach but that is really hard for us! We are trying to involve the Lord more so we will find someone else to teach soon!

I love you all! Have a happy Mother’s Day!

Elder Banner!

No comments:

Post a Comment