Friday, July 5, 2013

July 1st, 2013

July 1st, 2013



Hey Everyone!!

 So it has been a really really good week! I love being here with Elder Berry! I am excited to be back to Tucson actually! I do really miss the Gila Valley but I am happy to be here! We have a good ward and a lot to do! We are teaching a guy named Cornelius and last week was really cool to be teaching him! He is 23, he just finished a deployment in Italy and Afghanistan as a Para-trooper, and he is also a fireman and is awesome and so funny! Last week is when he really started to recognize the Spirit! It was so cool! It was on Thursday that he got his answer and he recognized that God was letting him know that this is true! It was so cool! It is fun to be teaching him!

 We are also teaching a guy named Chris who is also awesome! He just graduated and was introduced to the church by one of his friends and is just eating it up! It is fun to see how much he enjoys reading from the Book of Mormon and how much it is already starting to mean to him! It is great!

 To clarify a few things that was unclear in the last email. I am still a zone leader; I am just in the North stake with Elder Berry! Which is fun! Elder Berry is from North Alberta Canada and I have known him for a long time! He is awesome and I am happy to be with him. I actually said I would get transferred here at the beginning of the last transfer! Just had a feeling! Ha-ha the North is a little different being that it is a more well off area of Tucson! It is nice! Our zone is much smaller than the last one I had which is nice! We are over the University YSA 1st ward! Most of our members/people we work with either go to the U of A or Pima Community College! It is so much fun! I love being in the YSA! It is so much fun! One of the biggest differences here is that our area is so big! We have to, on average, have a half hour drive between appointments here. Which is fine, I had forgotten that Tucson was like that! But I love it! 

 Have a good week!

 Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment