Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 20th, 2013



It was a hard week this week! It was a week of goodbyes which was really hard! Also being transfers today this will be short!

 We had to say goodbye to Nicole this week because she left on Tuesday but we were able to have a volleyball game with a lot of people on Monday night as kind of a last hurrah which was so much fun. Anna Sanders was playing with us which was cool. She is All-American for Junior Colleges in volleyball. Yep! She was on my team! Ha-ha it was great! So much fun! We also had a really cool lesson with Nicole the next morning about being strong wherever you go and making wherever you stand Zion. This was a really good lesson for her because she has a hard time at home. Not the best environment for one trying to build a relationship with God.

We also said goodbye to Chris and Kara! We have been working with both of them and it was sad to see them leave as well!

We had dinner with Tashena and her whole family on Saturday! They came down for graduation and it was really cool to see them all! Her mom and her dad really like us and we were able to meet the rest of her siblings as well as her grandma and grandpa. It is cool because her grandpa and grandma are the medicine man and woman for the reservation. It was cool to talk to them.

We had some other cool experiences this week. One of them was a really cool bit of revelation that happened over the phone. We were going to have a lesson with Tyler and we were calling someone to come and teach with us. At this point we had no idea what we were going to teach her but as I called Dallin Shultz and was talking to him about the lesson I just "randomly" told him that we were going to be teaching about making wherever you stand Zion and standing in Holy places. It was weird because after I said that I was thinking, "Well I guess that is what we will be teaching!" and when I hung up Elder Clark looked at me and said, "Well let's teach that." That in and of itself really wasn't anything special but what was really cool was after we were teaching that for a while Tyler said, "I don't know how you do it but this is exactly what I needed to hear and what I have been wondering about the last few days." It was such a cool experience! The Lord really does know all of us and will give us what we need if we ask. That was also a cool lesson because we told her that one of us would be leaving this next week and when she was saying the prayer she thanked Heavenly Father for the "two angels" that He put into her life. It was the sweetest feeling! 
 
So many other cool experiences! I am glad for the opportunity I had to be here this semester with Elder Clark! We had a lot of fun and were able to have a really successful semester! I changed and learned more in the past 4 months than any other time of my life. It has been a wonderful experience! So transfers.....I am staying!! I am so excited! I am sad to not have Elder Clark anymore but my new companion will be great! His name is Elder Cooper! He is from Australia and is a convert of about 4 years! He has been out about 10 months and I am training him as a ZL! I am excited! It will be fun!

 Till next time!
 Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment