Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 6th, 2013



This week was an interesting one! It was a bit slow because it was pre-final week! Everyone was super busy cramming and studying and getting all of the last minute things done! It was still a really good week! We had some really interesting experiences!

One thing that is new is that Elder Clark and I have been getting up early in the morning and going to play tennis at the school! We found that we had 5 tennis rackets and tennis balls at our apartment so we decided to go and try it out! It has been really fun! We have decided that it helps our studies if we are up early doing something for a longer time so we will either play tennis, racket ball, or basketball in the mornings! I am so tired all the time but that actually helps me be more awake! Weird! Ha-ha

We had the first ever MLC (Mission Leadership Council) in the ATM (Arizona Tucson Mission) this week! That is ZLC (Zone Leader Council) but with the new Sister Training Leaders that the Church has put into effect to better facilitate the influx of new sister missionaries! It was really good! It was basically ZLC with some sisters there! I love these council meetings because they are amazing and we learn so much! This one President taught us more about Faith and how to build our faith! He was able to teach us some things about it that I had never thought of before! It was great! We also got new phones at ZLC; we now have a touch screen/flip-out phone. I never would have thought the nicest phone I would ever have would be as a missionary.

 Being that MLC is in Tucson, we decided to try and go down the night before instead so we didn't have to wake up so early. President gave us the go so we were able to go down and spend the night at the assistant's apartment! It was actually really fun! It was a Thursday night so we had to do calls so we were up super late. The assistants weren't done until around midnight! I am glad I am not there! Ha-ha I only have to stay up till about 11 or 11:30 instead! It is weird that I feel that is so late now! The mission changes you! Ha-ha But it was a lot of fun! I really enjoy the assistants that we have!

 Another thing that was really cool was our day yesterday! It was a really cool day but very long! We arrived at the institute at about 9:15 in the morning and didn't leave the institute until about 8:40 that night! It was crazy! But it was good! It was the last week that all 4 ward will be there being that after this weekend most of the students will be gone! Meaning it was a real intense fast and testimony meeting! One of reflection and gratitude! There were a few of those, "Oh I just love my roommates so much...... (sniffle, cry)......." but I was actually really impressed with the depth and amazingness of the testimonies! We (as missionaries) were actually given quite a few shout outs from a lot of people! That was really cool! It was really cool to see that we have touched people's lives and helped them out! We were asked by Bishop Bluth to give our testimonies in first ward which was actually really hard! I have really come to love those people and it will be sad to see them go! It was a good experience! It will be interesting to see what happens with our work from now on with everyone leaving! I can't believe that the semester is already over! That is super sad! Oh well......life moves on!

 That is all that I will put for this one! Till next time!

 Elder Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment